Saturday, May 4, 2013

Hello Again!


 

Hey there … remember me?  Yeah, I’m the one who, way back in January, wrote that blog post about being inspired to write and kicking down doors and stuff.   And I was going to be a writing machine and then … I wasn’t.  Oh, I was inspired to write …and I did … bits and pieces, a phrase here, a paragraph there, even some truly amazing and insightful (if I do say so myself) journal entries.  But as for blog entries that I would actually post?   Nada.   Don’t get me wrong, there were days when I wrote some pretty great stuff … in my head … it just never made it out of my head onto the page or computer screen.  That’s because I was busy … busy being anal, second guessing and critiquing every syllable to the point of absolute gridlock.  In short, nothing was good enough … and how could I put something out there that wasn’t absolutely perfect and brilliant and inspiring?  You see, I forgot that writing isn’t always perfect and brilliant and inspiring, although sometimes it is.  In fact, much of the writing that I enjoy most is far from those things, but what it is, is authentic. It is about freedom … to say what we are feeling, to use our voice to vent our rage, share our joy, question the status quo, stand up for a cause … or even to just be silly … in other words to be ourselves.  That’s what I forgot.  But then I remembered … and got over myself!   So, I’m just going to take a bit of my own advice, let the freak flag fly  (I love that saying!) and say what’s on my mind without worrying about it being eligible for a Pulitzer. 

So here I go again … relaunching …which I seem to be doing a lot of lately … hmmm, probably a really good idea for a blog topic …
The Illustrated Crone!  See you again soon … meaning way sooner than another 3 months … promise! 

P.S.  I love elipses!

 

2 comments:

  1. What exactly does a freak flag look like? Or is that like telling someone to go fly a kite?
    I also am delinquent in my blogging, so I will take your advice and tap dance across the keys once again.
    Rebecca M

    ReplyDelete
  2. A freak flag is whatever makes you feel FABULOUS ... and that involves the actual flying of a flag ... or kite ... then go for it ... long may you wave!

    ReplyDelete